JobKeeper Step 3
JobKeeper Step 3
There is a requirement to continue to report monthly turnover for the purposes of maintaining the eligibility to receive the JobKeeper payments.
You must complete a business monthly declaration to be able to keep claiming JobKeeper payments. You must do this in the first 14 days after the month you are claiming for ends.
The deadline to report on May is the 14 June.
You need to reconfirm the business participant details and your eligible employees (if you have any).
For sole traders and employers, you will also need to provide information about your GST turnover for May 2020 and projected GST turnover for June 2020.
It is important to note that this information provided on your turnover is not a re-test of your eligibility. This information will be used to see how your business is progressing under the JobKeeper Payment scheme.
The turnover amount to report can be either based on cash or accruals and has to be net of GST, if you are registered.
For Employers, as well as reporting your turnover ,as above, you need to:
- Make sure you have paid each eligible employee at least $1,500 (before tax) for each JobKeeper fortnight you are claiming for.
- If you need to make changes to your eligible employees, use the same method you used when you completed Step 2 – Identify and maintain your eligible employee.
- Make the changes in your STP pay event report and lodge and allow three days for the changes to process.
- Lodge an updated JobKeeper report using the Business Portal File transfer function and allow three days for the report to process.
- Have any updates to your eligible employees' information ready to enter into ATO online services or the Business Portal.
As your tax agent, we can make the business monthly declaration for you.