Lowensteins complies with the State and Commonwealth Privacy Laws including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (“Privacy Law”). Lowensteins is committed to your privacy and to continue providing good and services in a confidential and safe manner.
Information Lowensteins collects and holds
Definition of Personal Information
Personal information is defined by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as “information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable: (a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and (b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.”
From time to time, Lowensteins may collect certain of your personal information only in connection with the purpose for which it was collected as being reasonably necessary for or related to Lowensteins’s business. The kind of information we collect will depend on your relationship with Lowensteins (e.g. as a customer, business partner, employee or contractor). Generally, the only personal information Lowensteins collect about you is that which you choose to tell us or which you authorise Lowensteins to obtain.
The type of information Lowensteins collect may include
- Customers: your name, address, telephone number, billing information (if purchasing products) and demographic date (non-sensitive information only).
- Other: your name, address, telephone number, tax file number, tax residency status, current assets, current loans and other encumbrances, employment history, police history (if any) and billing information.
Definition of Sensitive Information
Sensitive information is a special category of the most sensitive personal information including racial or ethnic origin, political opinion etc. Lowensteins does not collect any of your sensitive information.
How Lowensteins collect and hold your personal information
Where possible, Lowensteins will collect your personal information directly from you.
Personal and sensitive information may be collected from you when you provide it to Lowensteins directly.
Lowensteins has established appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard any information Lowensteins collect. This helps prevent unauthorised access, maintains data accuracy and ensures that the information is used correctly.
All data transferred to and from the Lowensteins servers is encrypted and a firewall is in place to prevent intrusion. All data stored within the Lowensteins’s systems is designed to only be able to be accessed by authorised staff members and the hosting facility.
The purpose for which Lowensteins collect, hold, use and disclose personal information.
Lowensteins collect personal information that Lowensteins consider relevant, and which is outlined in your written authority, for the purpose of providing Lowensteins’s services. Sensitive information, in most cases, can only be disclosed with your written consent. Any personal information collected about an individual will not be used or disclosed for the purposes of direct marketing unless the individual has given Lowensteins consent to do so. Any personal information collected about an individual will not be disclosed to any overseas recipients, unless the individual has given Lowensteins consent to do so.
Some of the ways Lowensteins use personal information include to:
- personalise your client experience
- communicate with you and others as part of Lowensteins’s core business
- send you information regarding changes to Lowensteins’s policies, other terms and conditions, on-line Services and other administrative issues
- enable Lowensteins to provide a product or service
- manage accounts and perform other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, credit scoring and staff training, collecting debts and market or customer satisfaction research)
- prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud and money laundering, and analyse and manage other commercial risks
- verify information you have given to Lowensteins
- carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys
- provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected third party partners) in preferences you have expressed
- manage Lowensteins’s infrastructure and business operations and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing accounting billing and collections IT systems data and website hosting business continuity and records, document and print manageme
- resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction
- comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering, sanctions and anti-terrorism
- comply with legal process and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (in outside your country of residence)
- establish and defend legal rights protect Lowensteins’s operations or those of any of Lowensteins’s group companies or insurance business partners, Lowensteins’s rights or property, and/or that of Lowensteins’s group companies, you or others and pursue available remedies or limit Lowensteins’s damages
Others (e.g. potential or current employees):
- all of the above
- assess your current or past financial/credit position
- assess your suitability and continued suitability for employment
What happens if you don't provide all this information?
If you do not provide some or all of the personal information requested, Lowensteins may not be able to provide you with the benefit of Lowensteins’s services.
Using a pseudonym or engaging with Lowensteins anonymously
Where practicable, you will be given the opportunity to engage with Lowensteins on an anonymous basis or using a pseudonym. Due to the nature of Lowensteins’s services, in most cases, anonymity will not be possible.
To whom does Lowensteins disclose your personal information?
Lowensteins may disclose your personal information to:
- government authorities (where required by law)
- third parties involved in court action (where required by law)
- other parties that provide support services to Lowensteins’s including support merchant services, online sales and marketing programs
- professional advisers
- potential business partners or purchasers
Credit Card Details
Lowensteins does not store credit card numbers in Lowensteins’s system. Your credit card details will be passed to the payment gateway as soon as they have been collected.
Reviews and Ratings
Lowensteins encourage you as a customer to leave product and service reviews on Lowensteins’s site to help other customers make purchase decisions. Lowensteins reserves the right to publish all or part of any review or rating that is submitted to the site, including the customer's first name and suburb.
Website cookies and usage information
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. Lowensteins may gather your IP address as part of Lowensteins’s business activities and to assist with any operational difficulties or support issues with Lowensteins’s services. This information does not identify you personally.
Lowensteins' website may contain links to other websites. When you access these links Lowensteins recommend that you read the website owner's privacy statement before disclosing your personal information. Lowensteins does not accept responsibility for inappropriate use, collection, storage or disclosure of your personal information collected outside Lowensteins’s website.
Opting out of direct marketing communications
Where Lowensteins use your personal information to send you marketing and promotional information by post, email or telephone, Lowensteins will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such information. By electing not to opt-out, Lowensteins will assume Lowensteins have your implied consent to receive similar information and communications in the future. Lowensteins will always ensure that Lowensteins’s opt-out notices are clear, conspicuous and easy to take up. If you wish to opt out of communications from Lowensteins, please use the contact details below.
Cross-border disclosures of your personal information
Lowensteins does not currently use off-shore service providers with regard to storage of persnoal information date. However, Lowensteins reserves the right to use data hosting facilities and third party service providers both in Australia and overseass to assist Lowensteins with providing our goods and services. As a result, your personal information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Australia.
Part or all of Lowensteins’s website and/or data facilities may be administered and hosted by off-shore service providers.
Whilst Lowensteins takes reasonable steps to ensure that off-shore service providers comply with Privacy Law. Lowensteins does not take any responsibility for the manner in which third parties use or store your personal information.
How an individual access their personal information held by Lowensteins
If an individual wishes to exercise their rights of access or alternatively has any questions or believes that any personal information held by Lowensteins is incorrect or incomplete, the individual can write to Lowensteins’s Privacy Officer at the address below.
Lowensteins will then take all reasonable steps to correct the information or if necessary discuss alternative actions with the individual.
Personal information will only be released to the individual directly, unless Lowensteins are provided with a written, signed authority by individual to provide it to a third party.
Updating your personal information
You may ask Lowensteins to update, correct or delete the personal information Lowensteins hold about you at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer as specified below. Lowensteins will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making any corrections to or deletion of your information.
Lowensteins also has obligations to take reasonable steps to correct personal information Lowensteins holds when Lowensteins is satisfied that it is inaccurate, out- of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading for the purpose for which it is held. If you wish to update your personal information, please use the contact details below.
How to contact Lowensteins regarding privacy
If an individual would like to make further inquiries or complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or complain about a registered Australian Privacy Principles code (if any) that may relate Lowensteins’s business, the individual can contact Lowensteins’s Privacy Officer at the address:
Lowensteins Arts Management Pty Ltd
P O Box 33114
Melbourne, Victoria 3004
Lowensteins will take all complaints regarding privacy of information seriously. Lowensteins will respond to any requests, questions, or complaints as soon as possible in a reasonable time frame.
In this document, “Lowensteins” means Lowensteins Arts Management Pty Ltd and any related body corporates within the meaning of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).